Monday, May 13, 2013

Cauliflower Thoran


Thoran is a traditional dish made from vegetables usually cooked with coconut and spices and is taken along with rice.
Thoran in a malayali household is usually made with any kind of vegetables however cauliflower is a vegetables not very authentic to mallu food. You would not find this vegetable in any of the authentic kerala dishes. But cauliflower happens to be a favourite in our house my husband and Adhya love this cauliflower thoran that I make. Adhya even loves this vegetable just boiled on its own and Alan does not seem to mind if I mix it in his rice. Its a very simple, easy, quick and my very own thoran recipe. You can make this without the coconut also. If you are a cauliflower lover too you have to try this.

Cauliflower thoran recipe:


 



6 comments:

  1. Nostalgic feeling seeing the thakali and murungyakka curry. Remember our Sunday lunch post church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cauliflower thoran, interesting. Will try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of chopping the cauliflower florets fine.. What we normally stick to, as part of practice, is just take them off the stalk and leave them as single florets. I will try this finely chopped way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chopping them fine helps them cook faster ...sometimes it even keeps your guest guessing what vegetable it is ..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cumin seeds is not mentioned

    ReplyDelete


Author

singapore, Singapore
Hello, Welcome to Eleventeen Recipes and counting authored by me, Shibi. This blog is an outlet to share my love for food, cooking and clicking. It includes a collection of traditional recipes from my mom, mother-in-law, sister and friends kitchens, and a few from cook books, other food blogs, and a few of my own experiments. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. Thank you.