Friday, January 24, 2014

My Very First Blog Award !


It’s been four weeks since I wrote a post, life was just too demanding for me the past few weeks with Christmas and New Year preparations, friends and my parents visiting and a big birthday celebration for my two year old boy. Although I had posts planned ahead, with too many things in my hand it seemed impossible. Well better late than never wishing all my readers a Happy and blessed New Year!
  My very first post of 2014 is not a recipe but an award! Yes Eleventeen recipes and counting is only 9 months old and I am super excited to announce its very first award the Liebster blog award. It was the best Christmas present that I got from a good friend and fellow blogger Megha of Me in blogland fame. Unlike me Megha is been blogging for a few years now and she has a beautiful well written blog filled with mouth-watering recipes, restaurant, movie and book reviews. Thank you Megha for the wonderful gestureJ and this is such an encouragement to keep on blogging. I have also been nominated by Ritu J Jose of Treat and feast for the libester award.I am not sure if I can accept two awards. !!



I was not very sure about the origin and history of the award so I am just re-posting the terms of the award.

The terms of this award are that you can accept the award, thank the person who nominated you and then pay it forward to your favourite bloggers. It is a nice way to spread appreciation, encourage new bloggers and to make further connections within the blogosphere.

 The rules for receiving the Liebster Blog Award are:

1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given to you by the tagger plus create 10 questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 more bloggers and pass the award to them.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No Tag backs.


Here are the answers of the ten questions that I was given by Megha.



1.What motivated you to start blogging?
Your blog, blogs like Marias menu and my husband!

2.Who would you like to be stranded with on a deserted island?
I hate to be stranded with anybody on a deserted island if at all it does happen it better be someone who knows the way out, because I am bad with directions!

3.Who is your role model?
My role model is my Mom and my Sister

4.What is your favourite cuisine and why?
My favourite cuisine is Kerala cuisine (Syrian Christian) I grew up eating it and I can never get tired of it.

5.If you were free the whole day without any work or family commitments, what would you do?
I would browse the web for recipes, read other food blogs and cook.

6.Which is your favourite television show?
There are many shows Friends, Everybody loves Raymond and The Bill Cosby show, Cupcake wars and Junior Master Chef. I used to watch these a long time back these days ...its mostly anything on sidney channel !

7.If you were given a 100$ spending money, who would you spend it on?
I will spend it all on my kids!

8.If you could go back in time and change one event in history, what would it be?
I would personally not like to change anything because I believe that anything good or bad happens for a reason.

9.If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Mariposa in Yosemite California fell in love with this beautiful place and would love to live there!
10.What do you think is the most amazing invention that mankind has come up with?
Refrigerator..I don’t know what I will do without one!
Now on to my nominees which are in no particular order:

1. Preethi Tamilarasan – Jopreeths kitchen 
2. Anisha Kuruvilla – Anisha the foodie 
3. Neha Mathur – Everyday Musing 
4. Kamalika – Silent sings with Kamalika C
5. Vrinda and Mahesh- Sankeerthanam
6. Sheela Sharon - Korporate 2 Kitchen  
7. Meena Kumar- Elephants and coconut trees.
8. Sherien ramzan –Seriens cook book
9. Jayanthy kumarn – Tasty appetite
10. Mareena Jeerish – Mareena ‘s recipe collections 
11. Nusrat azim suborna-Eye of the beholder
 
To my nominees I have been following your blogs through Facebook communities like Chef at large etc and love your recipes and pictures and some of them the way its written. I am not sure if you have already received the Leibester award. You’re totally free to accept it or not. And my 10 questions to my nominees are.
  1. What is your favourite comfort food?
  2. Besides blogging, what’s your favourite thing to do? 
  3. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve eaten? 
  4. Name one of your favorite creations. 
  5. Describe yourself in one word. 
  6. What was your favorite snack as a child?
  7.  Do you believe in fairy tales if so why? 
  8. What was your worst kitchen disaster till date? 
  9. Which is the one food that put’s you off? 
  10. Which is your most expensive food prop that you have bought and how much is it?
Once again I would like to thank Megha for the award and I had fun answering your questions felt like answering a friend’s scrap book!

6 comments:

  1. Ur most welcome my dear. How u manage to even keep a blog running with a full-time job and 2 kids is beyond me! Loved ur answers :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award and many thanks, sweetheart, for nominating me. Please keep up the great work. Tons of love and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shibi,
    Thank you so much for the award.I have put a post do check when u get a chance.
    Glad to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete


Author

singapore, Singapore
Hello, Welcome to Eleventeen Recipes and counting authored by me, Shibi. This blog is an outlet to share my love for food, cooking and clicking. It includes a collection of traditional recipes from my mom, mother-in-law, sister and friends kitchens, and a few from cook books, other food blogs, and a few of my own experiments. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. Thank you.